Today’s online processes rely on instant access to the cloud for all users and customers. Businesses who have just begun offering online services may still encounter delays due to normal IP routing over the internet. As information is processed based only on its destination IP address, each packet may take longer, unnecessary routes to its destination, resulting in slowed service and poor user experience.
ATI Implements MPLS to Improve Your Network Response
Multi-protocol label switching (MPLS) is a premium service that offers far more benefits than sending traffic over the public internet. Not only does MPLS improve delivery speeds, but it also results in better bandwidth utilization, increased performance, and reduced network congestion. Faster response times lead to a better end-user experience that ultimately strengthens your brand and your ability to serve your customers.
We offer MPLS technology in our data centers to give our clients the benefits of:
- Network options. Since MPLS is not tied to any underlying technology, your business can select the carrier of your choice to provide your network services without compromising delivery speeds.
- Scalability. MPLS is a fully-scalable system with the ability to quickly deploy new routes and add new nodes to the network. This lowers costs as additional equipment is not necessary when upscaling.
- Multiple locations. MPLS is well-suited to organizations with multiple locations, such as branch offices, campus networks, metro Ethernet users, and businesses that rely on high-quality real-time applications (such as VOIP systems).
- VPN privacy. Label stacking allows MPLS to be used in VPN/transport services by using an outer label to route through the network and an inner label to map traffic to specific destinations.
- Security. Although MPLS itself does not provide encryption, it is partitioned off from the public internet as a virtual private network (VPN) and is considered a secure transport mode. Another great feature is that it does not have the same vulnerability to denial of service attacks that threaten pure-IP-based networks.
- Fail-Safes. Clients can choose to implement bypass label switched paths (LSPs) between routers across an MPLS network, protecting specific portions of the network from saturation and timeouts that may impede traffic for long periods of time, and redirecting all your important and critical traffic quickly without the need for re-signaling in the event of a router failure.
ATI Solutions has a variety of highly-customizable IT interventions and deployment options that can be scaled up or down according to your business’ needs. Contact us today to get more information about the storage and service options in our D.C. data centers, or set up an appointment to tour our Chantilly facility.