Rack servers were created to provide an economical way for data centers to host businesses of all sizes. They are often considered the best choice for burgeoning businesses due to lower upfront costs and the ability to easily accommodate more space as the enterprise grows. As rack servers can be configured to support a wide range of requirements, programs, and purposes, business owners may be able to run a global operation on a single rack.
Benefits of Rack Server Storage in Our Northern Virginia Data Centers
At ATI, it is our goal to provide flexible data storage solutions for our clients. We ensure that each server is properly spaced proportionately for optimal performance, providing the power and connectivity that will allow your business to offer 24/7 contact with your customers.
Our data centers’ rack layouts offer a variety of advantages, including:
- Power. Rack servers can be built with all of the components needed to function as a stand-alone system, or as individual machines acting as redundancies. Their ability to act alone or in tandem allows for more efficient computing and optimal power usage.
- Convenience. Mount a server within a rack not only saves space, it allows easy access to each server for routine server maintenance, repairs, or replacement of any component that is not functioning properly.
- Cooling. Mounting servers in racks makes cooling more efficient, as air flows more freely between the servers and the top and bottom of the racks before being directed out of the room. Our hot aisles containment allows for high-density accommodation, with a constant flow of cool air to maintain optimal temperatures.
- Pricing. Our rack space is billed per rack unit (U), per rack, or per cabinet, giving businesses the freedom to scale up or down as needed without wasting valuable resources.
- Options. In addition to space requirements, we can ensure that clients have the necessary hardware they need to build their ideal infrastructure. This may include rack drawers, rack shelves, specialty hardware, or additional accessories (monitors, modems, routers, backup units, etc) needed to run specialized applications or create a stand-alone workspace.
- Security. Physically mounting servers to a shelving unit offers a basic level of security, which is compounded by our server protection and surveillance systems. Our secure data facilities offer locked racks and cages, CCTV monitoring, and multi-factor access control with biometrics, PIN, and card readers.
If you are anticipating rapid growth, it may be wise to invest in a larger storage option now to avoid the headaches of a massive data center migration later on. ATI offers secure server storage in one of our two DC-area data centers, both of which offer critical systems monitoring 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, 365 days a year. Contact us today to get more information about how our data centers can serve your needs or set up an appointment to tour our Chantilly facility.