As a business owner, the choice of who should run your cloud computing platform may seem like a simple cost-benefit analysis. Outsourcing your needs to a global provider such as Amazon Web Services may offer low variable costs and could seem like a good deal on paper. However, businesses exist in more than one dimension—and when you trust someone with your infrastructure, you are trusting them with your entire reputation.
Benefits of a Local Cloud Provider Over Amazon Web Services
At ATI Solutions, we realize that businesses must have the ability to scale their operations and respond to changing needs with the click of a button. Our two DC-area colocation centers host thousands of servers across a wide variety of industries and online operations, but we also provide infrastructure and customer service to rival much larger IT providers.
The advantages of our cloud deployment services include:
- Scalability. Our customers may not always be able to accurately predict the exact amount of resources they need, especially if their businesses are growing rapidly. Our cloud services allow you to scale up or up down almost immediately with no bandwidth or storage limitations.
- Cost-effectiveness. Our range of options allows businesses to pay only for the resources they consume, with no minimum expenditures or upfront investment requirements.
- Security. Our data centers are protected with industry-standard privacy measures—such as 24/7 surveillance monitoring, CCTV, and multi-factor access control system with biometrics, security PINs, and access card readers. In addition, our servers are configured to switch mission-critical operations to a secure alternative server in the event of an interruption, which undergoes scheduled maintenance and testing by onsite personnel.
- Cloud deployment options. ATI’s services can be used in whole or in part, hosting businesses with IaaS, SaaS, hybrid systems, or fully private services. We have the ability to host as much or as little of your platform as you require, and can help you as you transition more of your projects to the cloud. Our clients also have the benefit of choosing the manner in which their cloud services are implemented.
- Redundancy. Our Chantilly location offers 2N redundancy for power and cooling, and our Rockville location has N+1 configuration for power and cooling—eliminating downtime and ensuring minimal user disruption.
- Local presence. AWS stores servers across many different locations around the globe to reduce single-point outage risk. However, this comes with its own set of problems, such as removing servers in remote locations far from technicians and trusted client access. ATI can offer the same products and services while keeping your operations close to home.
- Consultation and assistance. Many clients are caught between selecting too few resources to cover their customer base and purchasing excessive resources and reducing their return on investment. Our professionals can evaluate your current needs as well as anticipate potential future growth, allowing you to choose the plan that suits you best.
- Onsite assistance. Our colocation facilities, service centers, and technicians are 100% based in the USA, and we do not outsource our calls to a third party. Our IT professionals are available to provide intervention in an emergency or respond to your questions in a timely and professional manner.
If you are considering starting online services for the first time or are looking to upgrade your platform, the technicians at ATI can evaluate your needs and help you determine which storage and service options are right for you. Contact us today to get more information about how our data centers can serve your needs or set up an appointment to tour our Chantilly facility.