A strong financial institution is much more than friendly tellers and an enjoyable online banking experience. Owners must comply with federal and global regulations regarding the security of financial information, ensure 24/7 online access for customers, and remain vigilant against potential software bugs and breaches. As a preferred provider of IT services to community banks, ATI Solutions can offer cloud computing and storage that keeps personal and banking information secure.
Services Offered for Banks and Regulated Financial Institutions
As a current technology provider for banks with combined assets of over $30 billion, our team is well-versed in implementing solutions that will meet current needs and allow for rapid growth. ATI Solutions creates, hosts, and deploys financial infrastructure that is compliant with regulations while remaining budget-conscious and scalable to your bank’s growing needs.
We provide a variety of protections and services for financial institutions, including:
- Core banking solutions. ATI has fostered long-term relationships with the top three Core providers (Fiserv, FIS and Jack Henry), and Fiserv has dedicated MPLS circuits to both of our data center locations. We also understand the IT needs and requirements for various third-party applications such as LaserPro, Teller, Platform, and other banking solutions.
- Protected storage and transfer. We meet industry standards for protecting data both in transit (such as SSL and SSH cryptography for transfer protocols) and while sitting in storage, storing and transporting data. We are familiar with a variety of authentication and encryption methods to protect against unauthorized viewing, transmission, or modification of high-risk data on open networks.
- Cybersecurity. Banks are prime targets for cybercriminals, offering a one-stop shop for Social Security numbers, savings balances, and other valuable information. Our proactive approach to security involves constant evaluation of current systems to identify potential weaknesses, install updates, and deploy fast implementation of new defenses. We also stay in regular communication with clients to address the root cause of security issues and to propose solutions that will allow clients to reduce operational risk and save money.
- Payment card practices. We are familiar with federal regulatory needs, such as the protection and collection of card billing and payment information (such as Visa, Mastercard, American Express, or Discover cards) under the Payment Card Industry Data Security Standard (PCI DSS).
- Personal information privacy. We help maintain compliance with multiple regulations containing data protection safeguards or provisions, such as the Gramm-Leach-Bliley Act (GLB). By ensuring customers’ personal financial information has been collected and safeguarded according to law, financial institutions can avoid steep fines and data loss incidents that affects their profits and reputation.
- International regulations. We provide data protection measures to remain in compliance with banking and financial services organization requirements in multiple locations, such as the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) for overseas or international banking.
- Third-party application protection. The use of unsecured email clients, multiple FTP servers, or platform dependent automation scripts may make an otherwise secure system noncompliant. We can implement file-sharing services and cloud storage systems to maintain compliance, simplify audits, and reduce the risk of cyberattacks. We also complete the AICPA’s annual Service Organization Control Report (SOC 2 Type II) to fulfill our client’s vendor management requirements.
- Data recovery. ATI is proud to have created the first operational DR backup site in the Washington DC metro area to better serve clients in the financial industry. Our fully-redundant systems ensure that even if a data loss event occurs, your platform will remain online as our recovery team goes to work to prevent similar incidents.
Our community banking references are a testament to our service quality and support, with most clients relying on ATI’s services for 12 years or more. Contact us today to get more information about the storage and service options in our D.C. data centers, or set up an appointment to tour our Chantilly facility.