Infrastructure as a Service, or IaaS, is a way for businesses to have flexible cloud computing without the need for installing and managing their own virtual platforms. A third-party cloud provider hosts the infrastructure components—including servers, storage, and networking hardware—allowing the business to run its online processes and applications through the cloud.
Infrastructure as a Service Advantages
IaaS is a great option for businesses of all sizes who want to focus on their daily operations without devoting resources to IT management. The infrastructure is hosted on the business’ server and the client accesses operations remotely over a network. The system stays in a secure location, and the business runs all of its programs through a virtual environment using virtual machines (VMs).
There are many reasons a business may choose IaaS, including:
- Cost benefits. IaaS is typically purchased on a usage-based, pay-as-you-grow system, and only charges clients for the number of machines and resources that are actually being used.
- Resilience. IaaS cloud providers have the ability to run large numbers of VMs for multiple clients, allowing businesses to run large workloads without worrying about service availability and performance.
- Scalability. Clients can scale their needs up or down without delays or service interruption, while not having to worry about purchasing additional licensing for the hypervisor or virtual platform licensing—which can become costly very quickly.
- Security. Not only do data centers offer physical security, but there are also additional options for virtual security. These include the most up-to-date patched systems, intrusion detecting software, virtual environment security that is segmented over a massive network of WAN connections, and virtual private networks (VPN) to protect data during transmission and storage.
- Backup and data recovery. IaaS can be utilized from any secure terminal, making it easy to institute a disaster recovery plan immediately using cloud-hosted backups. With IaaS, your back up and data recovery is available depending on your back up schedule and retention time periods.
ATI Solutions is proud to offer a wide range of technical services for all business sizes and types of operations. Our highly flexible IaaS options can support large numbers of virtual machines with fully-redundant backups, allowing your IT processes to be as resilient and stress-free as possible.
DC-Area Infrastructure as a Service Options Available
Our DC-area data centers offer all the power, connectivity, redundancy, and security you need in a location that is close to home. Contact us today to get more information about how our data centers can serve your needs or set up an appointment to tour our Chantilly facility.